Who we are
Simply put, we love everything Korean. We have over 20 years experience in writing and instruction, are fluent in Korean and English as content creators, and live and work in South Korea. Our unique position allows us to provide the most accurate colloquial expressions and cultural tips in a Korean language learning series.
The Easy to Learn Korean series is published four times a week in the Korea Times newspaper in Seoul, South Korea. The series began in 2009 and today there are over 60,000 followers across all the social networking sites.
We also contribute periodically to the Gangnam News newspaper.
An updated version of the series’ content is available as a second-print, 308-page book titled, An Illustrated Guide to Korean: Essential Words and Phrases.
- Bite-sized learning modules that enable quick absorption of Korean culture and language
- Illustrated vocabulary that’s easy to memorize
- Focus on traditional and modern Korean culture from a Western perspective
- Practical everyday real-world sentences with culturally accurate translations
- Supplementary vocabulary words marked in contrasting color to breakdown grammatical structures
- Commonly spoken Korean words with -요 endings. The informal polite -요 is a crucial part of the beginner’s tools. Many books and websites start with the formal polite -니다 ending words which aren’t useful in everyday speech. Instead, we cover -니다 in a supplementary manner.
- Formal and informal colloquial expressions for use in the office or with friends
- Korean food and ingredients as well as the latest restauarant trends
- Internet and spoken slang that is used throughout TV dramas, movies, and the Korean internet
- Essential four character Chinese idioms that are used in everyday speech
- Unique topics of interest not found in other books or websites
- A Korean and English searchable website
For native Korean speakers, we offer accurate English translations of everyday Korean expressions
Follow us in print or on the web:
- Facebook: facebook.com/EasyKorean
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EasyKorean
- Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/EasyKorean
- Tumblr: http://easykorean.tumblr.com
- Newspaper: Korea Times
- Can also browse koreatimes.co.kr to the National > Foreign Communities section
© Copyright 2009-2018 Chad Meyer, All Rights Reserved.
The contents of this website, including all articles, illustrations, and any portion thereof, may not be reproduced, distributed, compiled, edited, reposted, or used in any manner without the express written permission of the author.
Latest update: February 2018